VPN Server

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Thu Sep 19 20:26:05 CDT 2002

>The patches required for x.509 support do *NOT* modify the kernel,
>just
>the user-mode code.

Trying to patch and compile, using the instructions at
www.strongsec.com/freeswan.  <QUOTE>

3.3 Installing FreeS/WAN with X.509 on a fresh kernel
If you are installing the X.509 features simultaneously with
FreeS/WAN on top of a fresh Linux Kernel, then after having applied
the patch freeswan.diff as described in section 3.2 you can start the
normal FreeS/WAN compilation and installation process by typing one
of the commands

make menugo  # use menuconfig
make xgo     # use xconfig
make ogo     # use config
make oldgo   # use oldconfig

</QUOTE>
The command menugo starts the regular make menuconfig kernel
configuration and build.  Errors out, possibly because the machine
that I'm compiling on does not have the full kernel source tree on
it.  Am I reading something wrong?

Pre-Patched binary RPM's available for RH and SUSE.  This is a
mandrake machine (I know, wrong choice for a server)

Any ideas?

Chris Midkiff
DataCapture Technologies, INC.
Chris at datacaptech.com