kde heavy

Jared jared at trios.org
Thu Sep 19 02:44:52 CDT 2002

Hey does anybody know what is the most lightweight
window manager? default KDE is HEAVY. I need something
that doesn't crunch through 1000 lines of code for
every keystroke. When I type it feels like
I'm wading through water. If I type at my full
speed, it seems like I'll get upwards of a couple of
letters ahead of my computer which is odd because this
thing is capable of much faster speed.

Does anyone know of ways to optimize the
typing speed so I, at 80wpm, am not faster than
my computer, at 500 million cycles per second?

It's the same in every editor, so I know it
has to be in the window manager code. It feels
like the spellchecker is in Russia over a 9600
baud modem or _something_.

thanks,

-Jared