MicroCenter Systems

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Sep 18 18:37:45 CDT 2002

Yes, he is definitely seeing the bottom line machines here. Paying
$20-$25 for the Pc and $75-$80 for the monitor. Could probably get
something better for another $20-$80. The HD is really the sticking
point. But you have a very good point with the CD. I would go one step
further. Make sure you can boot from a CDRW disc or homebrew CD. You
really want more than this today, but if it is a good monitor, and you
can use the PC for a backroom server, or you want an entry level
DTP/office PC and can spring $25 for a bigger HD, get these. You can
probably find similar/equivalent PCs elsewhere in the Metro though for
the same price. Nothing exceptional value wise here. Just the state of
the market.