OT Cat-5 request

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Tue Sep 17 02:39:23 CDT 2002

> Or else where I can buy quality cable, locally;
> looks like it sells for about $27 for 100ft.
> on the 'net.

I always by my cable at Graybar, but you have to get 1000' pull-boxes.
You can also get most anything else for wiring, from wall-jacks to 66
blocks.

If you really only need 150', you can get 100' spools at Radio-Shack,
and I think Home Depot & Lowes will sell Cat5 wire by the foot (although
it's more expensive that way).  Home Depot even has 1000' boxes, but
their prices are usually $5-10 higher than Graybar, and you can't get
arbitrary colors (I like to use blue Cat5 for network wiring, and white
Cat3 for voice).

Charles Steinkuehler
cstein at newtek.com