Opening a fract T1 for modem access in Linux

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Fri Sep 13 20:05:53 CDT 2002

DS1 and T1 aren't the same thing. T1 specifies the North American T-Carrier
system (compared to the European E-Carrier system). DS1 specifies the digital
signal transmission rate based on levels of DSO, which is a transmission rate of
64 Kbps. DS1 specifies a data rate of 1.544 Mbps at a DSO multiple of 24.