Opening a fract T1 for modem access in Linux

Jared jared at trios.org
Fri Sep 13 16:16:21 CDT 2002

No, I didn't know how a fractional T1 is composed, only that if I wanted
to, I could make a single phone call and upgrade to a full T1, which
they would upgrade remotely using the same hardware as my wee little
256K install.

I'm working with NuVox, previously Gabriel. They are not only very
friendly, but technically competent, and are setting me up for 6
phone lines as well, carefully giving me all the information I ask
for, and some unsolicited as it is obvious I work with software more
than hardware. I will mention to them again that I intend to
use at least one of those lines for dialin, but I think they're
already expecting to configure the CSU/DSU as you described.

I really appreciate your information, and will start looking for a
digital modem instead of a regular analog. Is there a site I can
go to for more of this kinda information?

-Jared