kcwireless-talk: Re: Everest

Joe Goodman joe at thatsfunny.org
Tue Sep 10 16:45:11 CDT 2002

I'm sure there's a better "technical" explanation than this, but for the layman,
"keepalive" tells the router to keep up continuous communication with the WAN
gateway, thereby keeping it's connection alive and never relenquishing it's IP
address.  I can reboot the servers if I need to.  Still being new to Linux and
dependent on Windoze for to many things, I have to reboot at least weekly.
Cheers!