AUP (Was: Everest)

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Fri Sep 6 23:32:10 CDT 2002

>> And that is why we get DSL boys and girls.

Actually, that's why you should probably consider a business level service.
 Unfortunately there just aren't too many options at this point.  I pay an
extra premium for my DSL, static IP, no PPPOE crap, etc...

One has to just be creative in their thinking -- think high-speed
connection and then price locally to neighbors.  How many neighbors would
you need to convert from dial-up/cable/etc.. to pay off a local wireless
system with T1 speeds?  $40/month price point seems to be people's "soft
spot".  Of course you'll have to make sure that everyone has their fair
share of bandwidth, you don't want someone to suddenly suck up all that
bandwidth with a huge MP3 share or something . . . so maybe you need an
AUP.  DOH!

-- Bradley Miller