Woohoo! Everest is laying cable down the street!

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Fri Sep 6 20:08:20 CDT 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Mark Hutchings wrote:

> Bye bye Road Runner!
>
> Has anyone had any problems with them?  Everyone I know loves them.

I had a big problem with Road Runner during the ice storm when the tree in
my back yard took all the wires behind my house to the ground.  That was a
long week without electricity and cable.

Never had any other interruption in service or a slowdown since I had it.
Ping times to ftp.ibiblio.org average about 70ms.  Never misses a beat.
I can download a few iso's in about 70 minutes.

Some people whine about the news server being slow.  Latency for news
retrival has been faster than a blink of an eye for me.  Not bad by my
standards.  Article propagation time is minimal.

Competition to Road Runner?  I'd be impressed.