GPG

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Sep 6 15:17:28 CDT 2002

---- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Clinton" <clintonj at umkc.edu>

> Ok, this is the fourth person to ask so here's the explination once and
> for all:

So you've had four people note that if you have anything interesting to say,
we can't see it because of your arrogant attitude toward the most common
mail software on the net, and your reply is pretty much that you don't give
a hoot.

This has been said so many times some people seem to think it no longer
needs saying, or to have simply forgotten it: IF YOU ARE POSTING TO A PUBLIC
MAILING LIST, ASSUME THE LEAST COMMON DENOMINATOR FOR MAIL READING SOFTWARE,
POST PLAIN, UNADORNED ASCII TEXT, DO NOT USE ELABORATE SIGNATURES, DO NOT
INCLUDE BINARY ENHANCEMENTS OR ATTACHMENTS, AND USE THE COMMON LANGUAGE OF
THE LIST (in this case American English).

Linux is all about doing it your own way though, and we can all just skip
over your unreadable messages like so much spam.