Koffice vrs OpenOffice

Jason Clinton clintonj at umkc.edu
Fri Sep 6 14:53:04 CDT 2002

Brian Densmore wrote:

>Is this for Star Office?
>I opened it up but didn't know what to do with it in KOffice.
>XML, Hmm going to have to learn XML just to write a simple document?

Nope: just OpenOffice and I suppose it would also work with StarOffice
6.0. All the formating was done using the GUI; no code was touched.

>I think I'll reinstall Word Perfect.

This is, by far, my biggest pet peeve with OSS advocates. You say you
want a life on the computer that is free from the tyrany of big
coorporations but when it comes right down to it, you'd rather be
complaicent with bad software than spend a day learning something new.
Give OpenOffice and chance and -- if in doubt -- read the manual.