php/apache/mysql

Eric R. rossiter at discoverynet.com
Thu Oct 31 11:07:09 CST 2002

Dustin Decker wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Eric Rossiter wrote:
>

>>Hi LugNuts,
>>
>>Been trying to set up php/apache/mysql for a while now.  Apache runs,
>>php -v returns a version, I can test pages for syntax errors, etc, and
>>mysql is running.  PHPNuke has been installed under /var/www/.  When I
>>try to view http://localhost/index.php, http://localhost/admin.php, etc.
>>I get a blank page or I see the php code.  Any idea what I've done
>>wrong?
>>

> Most likely you're missing the "AddType" entries in httpd.conf
>
> for version php3 it will look something like:
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .m3u .pls
>
> for version php4 it will look something like:
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> Dustin

Morning LugNuts,

I'm working on this at home and work both and have achieved the same
results in both places.  Just blank pages.  I have the above in
httpd.conf but they are wrapped as shown:

<IfDefine HAVE_PHP3>
LoadModule php3_module        modules/libphp3.so
</IfDefine>

<IfDefine HAVE_PHP>
AddModule mod_php.c
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP3>
AddModule mod_php3.c
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
AddModule mod_php4.c
</IfDefine>

# The following is for PHP4 (conficts with PHP/FI, below):
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php3 .phtml .php
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
php_value include_path ".:/usr/lib/php"
php_flag safe_mode on
</IfModule>

So, I don't think any of the php modules are being loaded.  lsmod and
modprobe can't find these modules, even when I do a "find" and specify
the exact path...  I'm cornfused....

Thanks for trying to help everyone,  Mick, Dustin, et all.

Eric