CUPS

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Mon Oct 28 22:09:40 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Seth Dimbert wrote:

> root     18292  0.0  1.4  5904  396 ?        S    Oct27   0:00 cupsd

It looks like cupsd is running.  The rest were simple checks to see if we
could connect to it.  It looks like it isn't firewalled by ipchains or
iptables, but appears to be a permissions problem from within its own
configuration file.

I'm not sure why grep burped out that mess, but I was trying to craft that
line to reveal permissions from its own little web server from its
configuration file.  Its a rather lengthy file with all kinds of
interesting options.  Its possible one of those settings is strict and
keeping you from accessing its home page.  Those permission settings
should be near the end of the file.

My cupsd configuration file is at:

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf

When cupsd is running, which it is on your system, it has the facilities
to serve web pages for its configuration.  We just have to figure out why
it is refusing your connections.