Red Hat Tour

David Lowe dblowe at comcast.net
Fri Oct 25 18:23:41 CDT 2002

 One of my co-workers sent a email to Red Hat about the tour stop in Lawrence.
I thought I should pass this on to our group.  She sent him back this email
requesting a little help:

>>> Stephanie Jordan <sjordan at redhat.com> 10/24/02 02:52PM >>>
Hi, my name is Stephanie Jordan, and I'm the project coordinator for
the
Red Hat Road Tour 2002.

We've received several enthusiastic responses to our announcement that

we'll be stopping in Lawrence, KS...THANKS!  Now I need your help.  The

folks we were working with in the Lawrence area weren't able to pull
anything together and we're down to the wire.

Here's what we want:
A lunchtime event in Lawrence, KS with Linux and Open Source
enthusiasts
of all shapes and sizes. We want a cool, laid back venue where we can
park our bus, go in have lunch, make some new friends, give away some
free stuff, maybe even set up an LCD and show off some of our latest
and
greatest.

Here's what we need:
1) Some suggestions of restaurants, roadside cafes, roomy pubs.  Places

with separate rooms might be nice if you think we'd draw a crowd of,
say, 20 or more.
2) Volunteers to help us spread the word to your classmates,
co-workers,
friends, neighbors.  We've got flyers if that would help.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.  Thanks so
much!
Stephanie

--
Stephanie Jordan