MS Exchange Connector

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Oct 18 14:25:20 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Holland" <david at gotoacs.com>

> Hello, I know theres been some discussion about this before but can't seem
to find it on kclug.org.  The company I work for uses MS Exchange for all
our email and scheduling but I'd really rather use Linux on my desktop.  Is
there a connector other than the $70 one from Ximian?  I'm able to do some
tasks using the Exchange web interface but its very very slow.  Would it be
easier to use Win4Lin or some other MS emulator and just use Outlook on
Linux?

The reason that Ximian's connector is $70 is to cover the MS Licensing for
the proprietary code to connect to the server.  Other than that, your only
option is to use POP3 or IMAP for mail-only.  (Exchange can do LDAP on it's
internal directory, but isn't often set up.)