Postfix and bogofilter

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Fri Oct 18 13:04:49 CDT 2002

No, with amavisd-new it's an extra option that requires enabling after you
download the source. One thing I forgot to mention is that amavisd doesn't do
the actual virus scanning itself. It requires an 3rd party antivirus engine that
does the actual scanning. So if the antivirus you have only has a command line
version, amavisd will end up spawning processes for each email anyway. I use
sophie, which is a daemonized scanning engine that uses Sophos' SAVI API and it
works quite well with AMaViS.

http://www.vanja.com/tools/sophie/
http://www.sophos.com