cdrecord

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Fri Oct 18 12:13:05 CDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Aldis A. Tuck wrote:

> I am trying to burn an iso in Linux for the first time.  I'm using
> cdrecord, this is the command I tried:  cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=8
> psyche-i386-disc3.iso It gives me a few secs to change my mind then
> begins writing to the disc. Ofcourse it doesnt work, when it's done I
> end up with a CD I can't read.

Try mounting the iso image file before burning it.  Use the mount command:

mount -o loop -t iso9660 psyche-i386-disc3.iso some_directory

If it mounts, you have a valid image that can be burned.  If a valid image
is burned, but b0rked, I'd start swearing.  It won't fix the problem, but
it will make you feel better.