Mandrake 9 vs. RedHat 8

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Fri Oct 18 07:27:06 CDT 2002

Here is a review that isn't very favorable:

I am on a mailing list for one of the programs that I use regularly
(mjpegtools), and a lot of people had problems compiling the latest version
under Mandrake 9.0 due to some header file funkiness on the part of the
distro.  The same code compiled just fine under 8.x.

Gene