RH 8.0 Network not working

jo mojo johan_yo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 21:22:17 CDT 2002

Jonathan,
   chkconfig is not available on my machine. When i typed it on the Linux
Konsole (shell), it said:
   bash:  chkconfig: command not found

Run Top and it said:
  62 processes: 61 sleeping, 1 running
  Mem: 126164K av, 122336K used, 3820K free, 0 shrd, 2960 buff
  swap: 304224K av, 22584K used,                         57460K cached

No wonder it's doggone slow. Is this typically with other Linux GUI? I'm
using KDE right now.

btw, how do I properly stop top? Right now, I'm using ^C, and it's still
alive when I checked using System Monitor utility (choose from Menu).
what do you guys call the menu (in window called Start Menu) ?

cheers,
  JOhanes