RH 8.0 Network not working

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Wed Oct 16 18:36:58 CDT 2002

Good point: RedHat and Mandrake are getting better about this for
"workstation" installs, but there are a bunch of servers that may be
installed and running.  You probably don't need them yet, if you ever will.
The chkconfig utility (chkconfig --list) will tell you about what's on and
what's off, and provides a good way to turn stuff off without ripping it out
by the roots.