meetings and broken monitors

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Wed Oct 16 00:27:49 CDT 2002

Glad I came to the meeting.  I learned about many new things that can be
done with a little hardware and neat software.  And I got to see a spiffy
install of Redhat 8.0 before they kicked us out of the library.  And
dinner (breakfast?) was great.  Only if meetings like that were twice a
week, not twice a month...  I had great fun.

I'm the person who volunteered to show how easy it is to fix computer
monitors, power supplies, etc.  If you have something broken, please let
me know.  Its a great feeling doing a $150-$500 repair with a few dollars
in parts (or less!)  It would be the least I could do to contribute back
to the community that helped create fine software and the networks I use.
Free repairs for free code.