For Kansans Only - Microsoft settlement at stake

JD Runyan jrunyan.lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Mon Oct 14 23:11:09 CDT 2002

I would seek Phil Kline's voice on what Phil Kline will do in this
case.  It makes no sense talking to Chris Biggs about what his oponent
will do, for he has a stake in Phil Kline's reputation being something
other than good.

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 23:08, Jim Herrmann wrote:
> This is only for people who live in Kansas.  The Show-Me people can just
> delete now.
>
> Fellow Kansans, I personally spoke with Chris Biggs, who is running for
> Attorney General of the state of Kansas.  As you know, Kansas is a state that
> is still holding out on the Microsoft settlement, refusing to go along with
> the no teeth agreement that Microsoft bought from AG Ashcroft.  Mr. Biggs
> assures me that he would continue to prosecute the Microsoft case, and that
> his opponent believes that going after businesses is bad for business.  I
> think the only people Phil Kline is interested in prosecuting are doctors
> performing legal abortions.  Anyway, below is an article that gives some more
> background on the two candidates.  I would encourage you to vote for the guy
> who can and will finish off the Microsoft case, be you Democrat, Republican,
> Green, Libertarian, or independent.
>
> Get out and VOTE Nov. 5th !!!
>
> Thanks for listening,
> Jim Herrmann
>

> By Steve Rose, The Johnson County Sun
All I have to read is this by line.  Steve Rose is a political hack for
the Democrats, and for Liberal Republicans(yes there are some,
particulary in strong republican states)
--
Jason D. Runyan
USDA NITC KC