Structuring of KCLUG [Was: Re: How is ITEC going?]

Moss, Jon jmoss at blackwellsanders.com
Mon Oct 14 08:37:27 CDT 2002

I guess it's time for my two cents worth.  :)

I attended my first (and so far only) KCLUG meeting last month.  I was,
predictably, the only women present for most of the meeting (another woman
did show up with a guy about an hour into the "meeting").

While I enjoyed "eavesdropping" on several very interesting conversations, I
did not come away with a lot of new Linux knowledge.  This mailing list has
been a wonderful boon, and I appreciate all the help and advice I have
received.

I have worked in the legal field as an IT professional for close to ten
years now.  I would have a very hard time explaining my experience at the
KCLUG meeting to the lawyers I work for.  :)

I am unable to attend this coming Tuesday's meeting because my bible study
class was rescheduled this week from Thursday to Tuesday.  Otherwise, I
would be there to support many of the suggestions that have been made on
this mailing list concerning more structure in the meetings.  A newbie night
is a very good suggestion.  Maybe I wouldn't feel so stupid then.  :)  I
would even be willing to drive east (I live in Leavenworth County, Kansas)
to Vaterott College if it meant I would learn and get hands-on experience
(rather than fumbling around at home on my own).

Good luck with the meeting.

Jon Moss