Netscape 7

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Fri Oct 11 09:23:55 CDT 2002

> So, it's really not critical that I do anything with Netscape 7, but I would
> like to know what I did wrong with the upgrade/installation.

That's why I like to put my login and local paths before the distribution
paths.  That way if I b0rk everything, I can just remove the -x attribute
to that binary directory.  In my login .bash_profile directory I have the
line:

PATH=$HOME/bin:/user/local/bin:$PATH

When you change this, it takes effect with each new login.  YOUR binaries
get run before the distribtions get run.   I'm sure there are security
implications for this path setup, but there you go...