How is ITEC going?

DAVID KUCHARSKI dave at iemco.com
Thu Oct 10 14:38:19 CDT 2002

Hey all
I was able to attend Yesterday's activities at ITEC.
Crowds were enthusiastic to say the least.  250 of the
cards with KCLUG info were gone by lunchtime.  Red Hat
had  donated the case of 100 copies of v.8 .  During
the keynote address the lug was mentioned and the
crowd was instructed to stop by the KCLUG booth to
pick up a FREE copy. It was a MAD DASH to the corner!!
100 copies lasted 8 seconds.  The copies of Mandrake 9
were gone soon after that and by closing time, they
were running low on the demolinux disks as well. I
know that at one point they had run completely out of
BLANK media to even make any more copies!! All-in-all
Yesterday was a very busy day for the guys at the
booth!!
Guys-- my RED HATs off to YOU!! GREAT JOB getting the
word out there!!

"Becker, Rob" wrote:

> If possible, can anyone who has been to ITEC (perhaps manning the booth) give us a rundown of the
reception?
Are the cds and literature being snapped up quickly?
Are a lot of folks dropping by to chat?  How was the
Redhat
keynote?  Help those of us who are stuck in our cubes
vicariously participate.