New member, and a little quick question..

William Cockerham nightrdr at swbell.net
Tue Oct 8 07:52:06 CDT 2002

Check your /etc/resolv.conf file.  You should have at least one entry in
there for a DNS server.

Mine reads

nameserver 65.69.77.3
nameserver 65.69.77.1

you may also have a search string in there for name completion.

Bill C.

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 09:42, Joe Goodman wrote:

If you can ping by IP address, but can't connect using a URL, then it
sounds like the URL isn't getting translated, hence, its probably a DNS
issue.  What do your DNS settings look like?