The value of recompiling system libs for a specific cpu???

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at gekl.net
Sun Oct 6 15:59:24 CDT 2002

I'm running Gentoo and compiled from stage1 install (complete compile).

Previously ran rh7.3, the difference is very noticable.  My applications
open faster (pee3 800), and system is more current (which can be a bad
thing).

Any rate, if you have the time, recompile your libs for your cpu.  Only
problem you may have is if everything isn't recompiled with the same
version of gcc, you will have problems with so's.