Internet Radio

David P. Engvall davideng at alltel.net
Sun Oct 6 09:07:06 CDT 2002

KCLUG <<

I got internet radio working on my RedHat box!

I went to the RealAudio site.  And with a little digging.......

Under the link for System Requirements there is a link for Previous Player
Versions.  That opens a dialog for Player version.  I picked RealPlayer 8 Basic.
There is a selection for OS and Linux is listed (and so is Mac).   These "previous
versions" are free to the unix community.  I downloaded the RPM and installed it.
It worked.  I'm listening to the KPFK as I write this.  I guess Nebraska isn't
so bad after all.

Thanks for your help.

Dave