So do you still want to be in a movie?

Chris Mitchell cmitchell at kc.rr.com
Sun Oct 6 08:30:07 CDT 2002

I received this on Friday, so I guess this applies to the LUG'ers hardcore
enough to be awake on Sunday morning.

Chris Mitchell

(snip forwarded mail)

This is Gretchen Munger, the 2nd assistant director at
Mental Ward Films. I'm dreadfully sorry for sending
this on such short notice, but the first assistant
director who would normally have contacted you is home
battling a virus, and has no access to e-mail, so he
asked me to get in touch with you.

We have one more scene to shoot for the movie that you
were helping us with this Summer, and we need computer
people and gear to make it look good. It will be
located inside, this time, much to the relief of those
of us who have allergies. The scene is to be shot this
Sunday, October 6.

We need enough people to make this authentic looking,
and Dave (2AD) remembered that you had a large group
of contacts, as well as yourself, and Mr. Mitchell. We
would be very glad to see you and any of your friends
there.

Thank you for reading through this, and for any
assistance you might give us.

                               Gretchen Munger.

PS - Here is a text copy of the posters that we've
been sending out, with the rest of the pertinent
information:

Be in a Movie!!!

DOOR PRIZES AND PRIZES FOR BEST DEALER TABLE

Kansas City Film Director Dennis Ward is looking for
extras for his latest film Grassfire, a full length
feature about a group of kids creating a computer
video game.

Although production is now complete, we have one
pickup shot to get.  The scene is a mock computer
convention scene.  We are looking for both crowd
members and dealer table people.

Requirements to be in the crowd:  Must look like a
human being and show up on time from 1pm to 5pm.

Requirements to be a dealer:  Must be able to create
your own dealer table.  We will provide the actual
folding table.  You must provide stuff to stock the
table with.  Feel free to rig up sheets, signs, or
whatever.  You have full creativity.  You will be
allowed in at 12:30 for setup.  Dealers will get
better screen time and the best tables will win
prizes.  Filming will go until 5pm.

So are you interested????  Then you need to do several
things.  One visit our website www.mentalwardfilm.com
to get more information on this event.  And two, send
an email to our producer Timothy English at
Timothy at mentalwardfilm.com and let him know you want
in.

And finally you are probably wondering where this
place is at.  Well we are wondering that too.  So when
you find out, let us know.  But seriously.

Directions:  Take I-435 to Overland Park.  Jump on 69
highway North and exit off on the 87th Street exit.
When you exit, stay in the center lane and drive on
past 87th street.  Go about half a mile and take a
right on Melrose.  Take a left on the 5th turn in.
The address is 8933 Melrose.

WWW.MENTALWARDFILM.COM