Security Check

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Fri Oct 4 10:22:17 CDT 2002

I've recently added a server at home.

I installed YDL onto an old Mac clone and got things working. I then
registered with no-ip.com, a free domain redirection service. The Apache
test page on my server can be seen at http://sdimbert.servehttp.com.

I used port forwarding on my LinkSys Router/Switch to send requests to port
80 to the Linux Server. Would you guys please take a look and let me know
how secure the setup is? I'm knew at all this and I want to make sure that I
haven't opened myself up to any security problems.

NOTE: I know that the list is archived. If this turns out to be insecure, I
can simply change the domain name that no-ip.com gives me to something else.

TIA.

-SD