What about OSS for Win32?

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Tue Oct 1 11:34:37 CDT 2002

>What about a CD full of the best of OSS for Win32?
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/09/25/2252231&mode=thread&tid=109
>
>That might peak some business people's interests...

Spell it "pique" next time, and you'll have more fun. In that Slashdot article,
there are two links which summarize the whole idear nicely:

http://www.theopencd.org/
and
http://www.thegoldenear.connectfree.co.uk/gg/toolbox/win32/the-software.htm

The first one looks like exactly what we need to work from,
and the second one seems to have a wider variety of links...

I am willing to spend hours compiling this. Let's do it efficiently;
discuss it during the meeting tomorrow and finalize what we want
on the CD (or 2CDs, if it so happens), and do it! This is the single
best way to get people aware of Linux I can think of, because you
can't use GPL'd free software for long before you wanna try Linux...

-Jared