Medion (Aldi's) PC pretty nice . . .

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Sat Nov 30 18:21:52 CST 2002

I'm playing with that new Medion (Aldi's) PC . . . I got mine from
Lawrence, KS yesterday, but suprisingly there wasn't quite the "run" on
them like most expected.  It's a very nice machine, especially for the
money.  I think a lot of people are put off by A) no check/credit card B)
who buys a PC at a grocery store?

Here's the quick spec look:

P4 - 2.66 GHz
120 Gig Seagate Drive
16X DVD-ROM
40x 12x 48x Sony CD Burner
NVidia GeForce 4 128Mb Video Card

It comes preloaded with a lot of editing software (not bad software from
just playing with it) and the typical stuff with Windows XP Home.  Overall
the PC just is a great deal -- very well made and clean design inside.  I'm
working on getting some photos up soon of the inside of it . . . gotta try
out that frontside Smart card reader.  ;-)

Oh . . . and I decided instead of running Linux with VMWare and having XP
on top, I'm going to do XP with VMWare instead.  I really hate to reload
and find a lot of stuff that won't work with Linux and kill off my
functionality.  Instead I'll ditch my 2nd box beside my old NT box and
replace it with a "virtual" Linux box.   Heheheheh.

-- Bradley Miller