/ full?

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Sat Nov 30 13:16:59 CST 2002

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Jim Herrmann wrote:

> What I sent to the list is the full DF.  I figured everything would go into
> the root directory that wasn't in /home.  Was that an incorrect assumption?
> My /var shows 65M and my /opt only 81M.  /usr is pretty big at 2.2G, but
> still only half of the / partition.

This handly tool will let you see your problem in a whole new demension:

http://fsv.sourceforge.net/screenshots

It uses the 3D capabilities of your card to fly through your filesystem
and see how your cities of information are growing.  I wonder if someone
has patched this with the psDoom project to help make managing files
easier:

http://psdoom.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

Mighty interesting stuff a person can do with other's source code...