linux/network related work

Walker (Zachary) Tippit sternozw at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 01:20:15 CST 2002

Hello, I'm new to the list.  I used to belong to the
Northern Colorado Linux Users Group in Fort Collins,
CO but have relocated(back) here in the last couple
years.  Before I left, I worked here at one of the
area's first ISPs called Interstate Networking.  Did
anyone here have an account?  Anyhow, after a year and
a half of doing "systems integrator" work at Sprint, I
want to get back into a locally owned business working
with linux.  I figured this would be a good place to
start.  I'm including a text version of my resume
below.

Thank you
Zachary Walker Tippit

ZACHARY WALKER TIPPIT
905 JEFFERSON APT 709
(816) 531-7834
STERNOZW at YAHOO.COM
 OBJECTIVE
To pursue challenging positions within the
Telecommunications and/or Information Technology
fields that offer the opportunity for continued
learning and professional growth.

CERTIFICATIONS/ SKILLS
 Ethernet configuration and troubleshooting
 T1/Frame Relay configuration and
troubleshooting
 Dialup service configuration and
troubleshooting
 Solaris/Linux installation, configuration,
troubleshooting and administration
 DSL troubleshooting and configuration
 Wireless ethernet installation,
troubleshooting and configuration

 WORK EXPERIENCE
 POSITION TITLE	DEC/2000 – MAR/2002
 Systems Integrator II – Sprint IT Field Services, FON
division           Kansas City Area
 This position was part
installation/maintenance and part troubleshooting for
network and server equipment in six metro area Sprint
locations.  Network equipment included nearly all
series of Cisco switching and routing equipment.
Typical work included pulling and tracing cable in a
raised floor enviroment.  Also provided assistance
with DS1, DS3, SONET and ISDN troubleshooting.
Recent projects involved a switch replacement for the
Gardner, KS Data Center in which we replaced 8 Cisco
5500 switches during an 18 hour window.

 PREVIOUS POSITION	FEB/1996 – JUNE/2000
Verinet Communications, Inc.				       Fort Collins,
Coloardo
 Built, and maintained every piece of
equipment owned by this Inernet Service Provider from
the start of the company until it’s sale in June,
2000.  Configured and troubleshot Cisco 2500, 3640,
1700, 1600 routers in a WAN/LAN environment with 37
Class C TCP/IP networks.  Configured and maintained
Cisco routing using BGP, OSPF, RIP protocols as well
as Access Control Lists.  Configured and maintained HP
100mbt ethernet switches.  Configured and troubleshot
Lucent/Livingston 3 terminal servers.  Configured and
maintained Ascend MAX terminal servers.  Configured
and administrated DSL service using Cisco MC3810
routers.  Built, installed, configured and
administrated ten RedHat Linux servers for serving
HTTP, DNS, NFS, TELNET, FTP, HTTPS, SMTP, POP, IMAP.
Maintained and troubleshot all employee Windows
98/NT/2000 workstations.  Maintained server backup
using a Qualstar 4210 250GB tape library with Arkeia
software.  Oversaw all installation of internal
data/phone wiring.  Served as help desk for employees
and customers.

 EDUCATION/ COMPUTER SKILLS
 COMPUTER SCIENCE MAJOR
 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
Aug/95 – May/97
 Courses included C programming, Bitwise
Logic.