Gateway?

John O'Brien at itazuke.org obrien.john60 at itazuke.org
Wed Nov 27 22:52:36 CST 2002

> While you will probably spend more time (and possibly even money,
> depending on what spare PC parts you have lying around) on setting up a
> linux firewall than a "black box" from Linksys, 3com, etc., you will
> gain a lot in flexability.  If you just need to web-browse and access
> e-mail, you might as well just get an apx $75 black box, and plug in the
> wires.

Wow; you guys have given me a lot to think about.  Now
I'm more confused that before.  Not really, I'm just kidding.
I think, given that I want the added flexibility as well as the
experience with setting up the linux system, that I will do
the linux system "way".  I have a harddrive now and am about to install it
tonight (or tomorrow, or sometime soon)
so I can play some of the games also.  I don't think I want
to run a floppy drive system, in other words.

As for setting up the RedHat version, I might want to do that.
Sounds easy enough, since you've gotten it already to go.
To bad I already went and spent $40 for this SuSe package.
See you guys next Wed at the meeting.
John