Gateway?

John O'Brien at itazuke.org obrien.john60 at itazuke.org
Wed Nov 27 16:02:45 CST 2002

I do once or twice a week volunteer computer work
at my churches employment center.  They have 4
Windows networked and would like to connect to
the internet.  Currently, no real connection.

I would like them to install a DSL or Cable modem
in a linux box (a 486 I'm setting up with SuSe 8.1
personal).  The supplier wants a lot of money for a
router.  What I read says, install the modem in the
linux box and let it be the router.  But never having
actually done it, I'm not sure.
Am I correct?

PS; I haven't gotten linux installed yet, due to a hard
drive problem but should have it resolved this week
end.
Thanks,  John