Mac Specific: YDL on a Bondi iMac

Dave, InfoKwik Internet Solutions david at infokwik.com
Mon Nov 25 14:59:25 CST 2002

> Does there exist a clear set of instructions on how to install YDL and OS9
> on
> the original iMac? I've been unable to find it (and believe me, I've
> looked).
> Might there be, wonder of wonders, a way to run all three OS's on this
> machine?
>
> Could someone please help me?

I tried to install OS9, X and Mandrake on an iMac and it would never work.
The only way I could make it work was picking 2 of the three and you are
right X does not run very fast on an old iMac.
Since I used Mandrake this solution might not work for you but it did in my
case and hopefully it will for you. I installed OS9 first then when I went
to install Linux it took 4 times of trying to get yaboot to load. I have
never gotten it to load the first time on any Mac that I use Linux on, it
always takes atleast twice.
When it hangs trying to load yaboot I just do a hard shutdown and keep
restarting until it finally loads. Not the best solution I am sure but maybe
it will work for you......

--
David Board