Streaming Audio: m3u -> mp3

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Thu Nov 21 20:04:20 CST 2002

Has anyone had any experience with mp3s on web sites? I have a slight
problem.

http://www.greg-and-sue.com/mp3_test.htm

That's the test link and it does what all other links to m3u files do in
my Opera browser, and in the browser my Dad uses on his Mac G4 OS/X. You
click it, and instead of playing the mp3 file the m3u link points to,
you get the m3u text file printed out in your browser screen.

m3u files worked fine for me under M$ WinDoze Internet Explorer. Is this
an MS specific trick (the m3u)?

My intention is to get streaming audio. Click the link, a WinAmp or XMMS
player will crank up the mp3 and play it as it downloads. Can I do that
outside the world of MS Internet Explorer?

Thanks.
-Greg

--
My Penguin wears a Red Hat.