tax protest case goes to trial

Carl Sappenfield CSAPPENFIELD at kc.rr.com
Thu Nov 21 12:35:44 CST 2002

I'm not sure why so many people take the income tax personally.
The income tax (distinct from the capital gains tax, even though they're
paid on the same form) is completely paid by employers.
If you go to a company, and say "I'll do that job for $1", you're an idiot
if you think you'll have a dollar in your pocket.  If you wanted a dollar in
your pocket, you would say, "I'll do that job for $1.60 (or something)."
Then, you wouldn't get the job because someone would come along and do the
job for $1.
If there were no income tax, then you would still only get about 60 cents
for the job, because that's what people are really willing to do the job
for.
Of course, that would also make things like DVD players cheaper, but then
you would have trouble finding a policeman to track down the guy who steals
it...