printer problem

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Tue Nov 19 00:37:28 CST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Duane Attaway wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Dale wrote:
>
> > I have a HP LaserJet 4n that is connected to a NT4 server which I
[snip]

> Laserjets have large amounts of memory to store two things: the incoming
> documents and the very large buffer space needed for a raster image of the
> page for the scanning laser.

This particular laserjet had a lot of RAM for its day... but in modern
terms it is lacking.  I expect the spooling advice I threw out will combat
this as the Winblows machine is smart enough to feed the print job to the
older printer one page at a time as configured - better use of the RAM.

Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |                                         |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | They seem to have learned the habit of  |
| 913.579.7117                | cowering before authority even when not |
*-----------------------------| actually threatened. How very nice for  |
                              | authority. I decided not to learn this  |
                              | particular lesson.                      |
                              |		-- Richard Stallman             |