Keeping a user in X, with one app on top.

Mike Coleman mkc+dated+1038802928.87b279 at mathdogs.com
Sun Nov 17 04:22:12 CST 2002

crash3m at comcast.net writes:
> How do I keep a user from #1 exiting a program, and #2 exiting X.  A
> client of mine wants a box with a web-browser running and nothing else
> and I'm kinda stuck on how to do it.

Well, if this is completely a single-purpose setup, you could just arrange to
start a raw X server running exactly one application--yours.  No window
manager, no nothing else.  Have the application start sized to the entire
display.  If they exit the application somehow, you can just restart it, or
whatever.  As David said, you'll probably want to disable
Control-Alt-Backspace.

Mike