The Federal Mafia

Marvin [GodfatherofSoul] Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Fri Nov 15 05:14:01 CST 2002

Pretty interesting.  Another thing that's bugged me about what our
government has evolved into is the career politician.  I think our
system only works when "normal" citizens are contributing to the process
as direct participants.  This occurred to me when listening to the
subtle ridicule Wellstone's replacement is getting in the press.  What
makes any other person any more qualified than him?  The whole point of
democracy is to give everyone a voice, Harvard degree or not.  Hate to
admit it, but I think Americans have just gotten lazy about their civic
duties and politicians are exploiting the opportunity.