Samba

Dale dale_n_ks at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 17:43:21 CST 2002

I have a samba server set up that acts as a PDS for a
MS network. However I have seemed to have more trouble
getting my SuSE system to access the shared folder on
the samba box with rw access.  Seems to always want to
mount it as a root share so the user can't write to
the dir.  I know it is primarly a permissions issue.
Anyway point being .. for the winblowz systems on the
network the Linux/Samba works great.  And best part is
that I don't have to reboot it once a month like the
NT boxes that were running.