Microtel from walmart?

Mark Hutchings mark at desynergy.com
Thu Nov 14 14:03:30 CST 2002

I have a friend that purchased one and put OpenBSD 3.1 on it for his
firewall/internet gateway at his home.  Everything compiled real nice, and was
able to upgrade the memory to 512MB with generic memory purchased off of
pricewatch. (I think it was just regular PC133 memory.) I personally will
purchase one a couple for a "test servers" in the next couple weeks unless I
feel like building a couple from scratch.

It did lock up one time, but we think the 2nd NIC that he added was bad.  After
he took it out, it has been flawless ever since.