cdrom won't mount with var. files

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Thu Nov 14 00:26:53 CST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 16:42, rod holcomb wrote:
> I've got a copy of RH 8.0 but i  couldn't get it to boot. I didn't know if it was a bad burn or
if I should pull one of my newer CD players out of a newer machine and try to see if that could
boot.  I could get the 8.0 disk 1 to mount (back befor last night).  If I can't get 8.0 to boot
with the newer cd player can i still do an install by booting with a 7.0 floppy disk.

> What would the command be to start the installtion/upgrade ?

Do you by any chance have another box, that you could use to create an
8.0 boot disk.

rawrite in Win or dd in Linux.

HTH,
Eric

> From: Jason Clinton <clintonj at umkc.edu>
> Date:  Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:49:05 -0600
>
> >rod holcomb wrote:
> >> thanks for the help i don't really don't have anything configured that I couldn't do away
with.  maybe i'll do a reinstall.