WineX Help

Benjamin Fisher dentariz at linuxmail.org
Tue Nov 12 14:22:59 CST 2002

Well, I never had a problem with WarCraft III.  Works flawlessly.  One thing you should do is make
sure that you're running X in 16-bit mode.  Otherwise, WarCraft III gets confused and really slow.
IMHO, setting the desktop option is better.  Doesn't matter what you set it at, so long as it's not
the max that's in your XF86Config.  Other than that I'm not sure.  I don't give it any options
("winex /mnt/game/Warcraft III/War3.exe").  But it does take about 45-60 seconds to load up.  Soon
as it loads, its just as fast - actually, faster in my opinion.  But it takes a very long time to
load up.  I'm behind an erroneous MS Proxy @ my college, so I haven't been able to test Battle.NET.
 People have gotten it to work as far as I know.  I use a GeForce4 TI4200, though.  You're using
Gentoo, right?  That's what I've been using for several months (and loving it!).

Oh yeah.  Make sure to rename the movies directory.  The movie playback was fine, but it'd crash
indefinitely if I tried to escape out of a movie.  Got very annoying.

Other than that, I'd have to mess with it.  I've always gotten pretty good assistance on the forums
at TransGaming, though.

Now if I could just get MOHAA working...

Benjamin W. Fisher