Speed test

Mick Ohrberg mick at ohrberg.org
Sun Nov 10 18:06:04 CST 2002

I have a rather interesting situation at home that I'd like to take
advantage of. Right now, I have in my posession an UltraSparc1 (167MHz,
256MB RAM, running 64-bit Solaris 8), an AMD K6-2/500 (320MB RAM, running
RedHat 7.1-seawolf) and a dual PPro 200 (512 kB cache, 132MB RAM, running
the smp kernel of RedHat 8.0-psyche).

Is there a good, multi-threading 'speed test' application out there? I am
right now running SETI at home, and it's giving me some indication of how the
speed is between the boxes, but I'd like to see a 'true' performance test
run.

Btw, which one do YOU think is the fastest? :) Get the bets going! :)

Thanks for your time!

	/Mick