php/apache/mysql

Eric R. rossiter at discoverynet.com
Tue Nov 5 21:58:49 CST 2002

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Did you get all your RPMs from RedHat distribution sites?

Got the rpm's I needed from rpmfind.net

> Your error log should be /var/log/httpd/errors.

Ok, cool, thanks.

> Take a careful look at your directory tree.  I don't off the top of my head
> remember, but I believe that you need both the executable bit on the script
> set and the ExecCGI directive active for the directory the php script is in.
> Supposedly, you don't need both but it works if you have both.

Uhhh....ok. I set permissions of 666 on all files and 777 on all
directories, per something I read on phpnuke.org or somewhere.

> Using RPMs exclusively from RedHat, or in the absense of those direct from
> the site of the package in question, I didn't have any problems, and I did
> have support for MySQL in my PHP4 installation.  This worked for me on RH7.2
> and 7.3, so RH has probably changed the option since 7.0.
>   It could be that by updating your packages, or doing a CD upgrade you
> could get to where you should be. Dot-zero relases are notorious, so I
> wouldn't upgrade to 8.0, but 7.3 might be worth while.

I'm working on this on a 7.1 box at work, and 8.0 at home.  Getting the
same results in both places... well, up until last night, when things at
home went south.... lol

Thanks for your time Jonathan,