Food for Thought

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Tue Nov 5 18:46:21 CST 2002

Not really. This would be just as effective as using the filtering software.
Who designates what is "adult" and what is not?  One man's "art" or "health
information" is another man's "filth".  Is this for only commercial sites,
or also for Bob down the street who runs a web server out of his own home?
How will this be enforced on sites that are hosted outside the US?

I don't want my children going to the library and being able to access pr0n,
just like I won't let them do it at home.  However, I do think something has
to be done so that my child won't have the opportunity to look over the
shoulder of an adult who is accessing it at the library.  What is the
answer?  Unless we can change the hearts of every person on the planet, I
don't know;  I don't have a comprehensive technological solution.

Gene