Cluster update

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Sun Nov 3 09:20:19 CST 2002

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Jared wrote:

> I went through the KCLUG archives and put this list together: have I
> left anything out? Are there corrections (ie was the T3 bandwidth a
> proposed physical location as well?)?

My proposed T3 connection (www.attaway.org) would be logistically
interesting as anything other than mirroring stuff.  Its just a box that
was across the street from MCI in Mississippi (until the sky fell.)  I'm
not sure where exactly it is anymore.  It currently is a mystery box I use
for hosting and shells.  A friend hosts it for me and we used to mirror
redhat distributions from it.  I haven't been able to reach him after I
moved, but its been up 85 days this time, sometimes migrating from a dsl
line to pair of T1's or a T3 from city to city.  I just pulled a file at
2.4MB/sec off my cablemodem, so it appears to be having a good day today.
It has about 3GB of drive space free and a super fast P133 processor (mmx
not included.)  Would a box in no-man's land be useful for us?